terms + conditions
- plain and simple eco limited (plain and simple) terms + conditions policy follows the requirements of the consumer guarantees act 1993
- by placing an order at plainandsimple.eco you are agreeing to all plain and simple terms + conditions and information on this page
- plain and simple reserve the right to change any information on the plainandsimple.eco website at any time
- plain and simple is based in new zealand. all orders and transactions are covered by new zealand law
- unless otherwise specified, all amounts shown on the plainandsimple.eco website are in new zealand dollars (nzd)
plain and simple accepts the following forms of payment:
- bank deposit (new zealand only)
all credit card transactions are securely processed by shopify payments.
plain and simple aims to be as accurate as possible when describing the products featured on our site. however, plain and simple does not guarantee that the product description or other content on this site is 100% accurate, complete, reliable or error free and reserves the right to modify without prior notice.
every effort has been made to portray the colours of our products that appear on this website as accurately as possible. however, colour accuracy depends on screen calibrations and standards, plain and simple cannot guarantee that all screen display of colour will match the garment exactly.
store credit and gift cards
- store credit and gift cards are issued in new zealand dollars (nzd), for use on plain and simple new zealand site only (www.plainandsimple.eco)
- store credit and gift cards are activated at the time of purchase and remain open for a period of 12 months unless specified otherwise
- whole or partially redeemed store credit or gift cards cannot be cancelled or refunded
- if the store credit or gift card is for a lesser amount than the desired purchase, the recipient is required to pay the difference at checkout via alternative payment methods
- store credit and gift cards should be treated like cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. plain and simple will not accept responsibility for lost or stolen store credit or gift cards
- items bought with plain and simple store credit or gift cards can be exchanged but not refunded
- the value of a store credit is defined by the amount spent at the time of purchase independently of sales, discounts or promotions
- plain and simple reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice
discount codes, sale items and promotional offers
- sale and promotional offers are valid for a limited time and cannot be applied to previous purchases
- unless specified otherwise, discount codes are applicable to full priced, plain and simple products only and exclude limited releases
- discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or promotions
- all discounts are applied before shipping and tax
the following conditions apply to gift cards issued through competitions held on social media:
- prize offered as online store gift card
- gift cards are valid for 3 months from date of issue
- whole or partially redeemed gift cards cannot be cancelled or refunded
- no refunds or exchanges on items purchased with gift cards issued from competitions
- gift card must be used in one transaction
- to be used on full price items only
by placing an order on www.plainandsimple.eco you accept the following terms and conditions. products purchased on www.plainandsimple.eco are for personal use only and not for resale. we reserve the right to refuse orders if we feel our terms + conditions have been breached.
plain and simple is not responsible for purchases that are unable to be processed due to technical difficulties with the website or unavailability of products. plain and simple shall not be liable to you or any third parties for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages allegedly sustained arising out of your access to or inability to access this website. this includes viruses alleged to have been obtained from the website, your use of or reliance on the website or any of the information or materials available on the website, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action.
the content and design of this website and all products are copyright and belong to plain and simple.
if you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +64 274 555 955.
a cookie is a small text file that is saved to and retrieved from your computer or mobile device. if you use our site and have cookies on your browser, we understand this as accepting our usage of cookies.
access to your personal data
data forwarded to third parties is only used to optimize our site and to present you with relevant marketing material. these include: mailchimp, facebook, instagram, and pinterest.
personal data storage
plain and simple does not store your data. you can erase cookies from your computer or mobile device, or you can choose to disable cookies or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent from your computer or mobile device. please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
we firmly believe in protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information. we do not rent, sell or distribute our customer base or newsletter subscribers to anyone. we also do not store your credit card details on our server, all credit card purchases are processed through a paypal secure payment gateway.
control of your personal data
plain and simple is the controller of the personal data you submit and is responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
right to access:
you have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. you can contact email@example.com who will be able to provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
right to portability:
whenever plain and simple processes your personal data, based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. this only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
right to rectification:
you have the right to request rectification of your personal data if it is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed. if you have a plain and simple account you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to edit your personal data. if you are a newsletter subscriber, you can update your subscriber information through the link in the footer of our newsletters.
right to erasure:
you have the right to erase any personal data processed by plain and simple at any time except for the following situations:
- you have an ongoing matter with customer service
- you have an open order which has not yet been shipped
- you have an unsettled debt with plain and simple
- you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
- you have made a purchase; we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for bookkeeping rules
erasure of any personal data withdraws the ability for plain and simple to trace previous proof of purchase and may prevent opportunity to exchange or refund an item.
right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
you have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on plain and simple legitimate interest. plain and simple will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate ground for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
right to object to direct marketing:
you have the right to object to direct marketing. you can opt out from direct marketing by following the instructions in the footer of each newsletter.
how to exercise your rights
we take data protection very seriously and have dedicated customer service personnel who handle your requests in relation to your personal data and rights as stated above. if you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
updates to our privacy notice and terms + conditions
we may update our privacy notice and terms + conditions from time to time. the latest version is always available on our website.
social media promotions terms + conditions
- promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or associated with facebook or instagram.
- by entering a promotion, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- unless otherwise stated, only new zealand and australian residents are eligible to enter promotions.
- no responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed.
- plain and simple eco limited (plain and simple) reserves the right to redraw winner/s after five working days, if it has not has correspondence with winner/s.
- to enter the giveaway draw, you must like and comment on the original post on plain and simple’s facebook page and/or instagram page.
- comments on shared posts will not be accounted for.
- only entries received before the advised deadline will be eligible for the draw.
- unless otherwise stated, only one comment/entry will be counted per person.
- no bulk, third party or consumer group entries will be accepted.
- the winner/s of each giveaway will be drawn randomly by plain and simple eco, after the advised deadline.
- limit of one prize package per person.
- the winner/s of each prize package will be announced publicly on plain and simple’s facebook and instagram pages.
- all prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives.
- prizes will be deemed to be accepted once plain and simple and the winner/s have established contact and plain and simple has verified any details necessary in accordance with these terms.